- Understanding Hemp Oil: Uses and Benefits | WellCare Botanicals
Hemp Oil: Uses & Benefits
What is Hemp Oil?
Hemp oil, derived from the hemp plant (Cannabis sativa), stands as a testament to nature's versatility and bounty. Its reputation as a multifaceted and natural product precedes it, celebrated across industries for its myriad applications and abundant health benefits. Within the realm of hemp oil, there exist two primary categories: hemp extract and hemp seed oil. Each variant possesses its distinct composition, characteristics, and therapeutic potential, enriching the landscape of wellness practices and everyday living.
Hemp Extract vs. Hemp Seed Oil
Understanding the Differences
Hemp extract, commonly referred to as CBD oil, is derived from the flowers, leaves, and stalks of the hemp plant through a meticulous extraction process. This extract contains a rich profile of cannabinoids, including CBD (cannabidiol), along with other beneficial compounds like terpenes, flavonoids, and essential oils.
The cannabinoids found in hemp extract interact with the body's endocannabinoid system, a complex network of receptors responsible for regulating various physiological functions such as mood, appetite, sleep, and pain sensation. CBD, in particular, has gained attention for its potential therapeutic properties, which may include:
- Stress Relief: CBD has been studied for its ability to promote relaxation and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
- Pain Management: Many individuals use CBD oil to alleviate chronic pain, inflammation, and discomfort associated with conditions like arthritis and neuropathy.
- Improved Sleep Quality: CBD may help regulate sleep patterns and promote restful sleep, making it a popular choice for those struggling with insomnia or sleep disorders.
Hemp Seed Oil:
In contrast, hemp seed oil is extracted solely from the seeds of the hemp plant through cold-pressing or solvent extraction methods. Unlike hemp extract, hemp seed oil does not contain significant amounts of cannabinoids like CBD.
While hemp seed oil lacks the cannabinoids found in hemp extract, it offers a wealth of nutritional benefits and is widely used in dietary supplements, culinary applications, and personal care products.
THE EXTRACTION PROCESS
The extraction process for hemp seed oil involves cold-pressing the seeds to preserve their nutrients. This process produces a green substance that does not contain CBD or other cannabinoids like THC.
In contrast, hemp extract oil or CBD oil is derived from the entire hemp plant, including the stalks, stems, and flowers, using a process called CO2 extraction. This method is similar to the process used to extract oil from olives. The resulting oil contains high levels of cannabidiol and less than 0.3% THC. CO2 extraction is a safe and efficient method of extracting CBD oil, as it preserves the purity and potency of the oil, while removing any unwanted substances.
Hemp Extract: Uses and Benefits
The Hemp Extract oil or the CBD oil contains many beneficial compounds, which, when ingested, can help with a laundry list of things. It is sought of after for its health benefits.
Some of its uses and benefits include:
- Potential neuroprotective and antioxidant properties
- May help reduce the frequency and intensity of seizures in individuals with epilepsy
- May help alleviate symptoms of certain neurological conditions, such as Parkinson's disease and multiple sclerosis
- May aid in the treatment of substance abuse and addiction
- May have anti-tumor and anti-cancer properties
Hemp Seed Oil: Versatile Applications
The hemp seed oil is used as an ingredient for skincare products and food—topically and orally. Oral usage provides skincare benefits. People prefer to take it orally instead of topically because it saves you from skin irritation and breakouts.
It's worth noting that while hemp seed oil is generally considered safe for topical and oral use, it can cause some mild side effects in some people, such as stomach upset or digestive issues.
Some of these uses are:
- To support a healthy metabolism and digestion
- To aid in weight management
- To promote healthy hair and nail growth
- To support overall skin health and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- To help reduce inflammation in the body
- To provide essential fatty acids, such as omega-3 and omega-6, that are important for overall health
- To provide important vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin E, zinc, and magnesium.
ALWAY CHECK THE LABELS
To avoid confusion, it's recommended to carefully read the labels on product containers to determine whether it contains CBD extract or hemp oil extract. Manufacturers can sometimes mislabel their products, which can cause confusion for consumers. To ensure that you are purchasing the product that will provide the benefits you are looking for, carefully review the label and ingredients. If the product matches your needs, you can confidently make your purchase.
At WellCare Botanicals, we're committed to providing high-quality hemp oil products that harness the full potential of hemp extract and hemp seed oil. Our range of CBD oils, capsules, and skincare offerings are crafted with care to promote wellness naturally.
- 1000MG CBD Pain Creams & Gels
- 1800MG Hemp Oil CBD Tinctures
- 2000MG Hemp Oil CBD Pain Creams & Gels
- 3600MG Hemp Oil CBD Tinctures
- 4000MG Hemp Oil Pain Cream - Max Strength
- 500MG Hemp Oil Pain Creams & Gels
- 7200MG Hemp Oil CBD Tinctures
- 900MG Hemp CBD Oil Tinctures
- Capsules & Tablets
- Hemp Extract AM/PM CBD Tablets
- Hemp Extract Gummies
- Hemp Extract Soft Gel CBD Capsules
- Hemp Skin Care
- Hemp Tincture
- Pain Creams & Gels
- Top Sellers